Tuesday, January 22, 2013

20 Days of Gold Making - Day 2 - Goal Setting

This entry is part of a series of gold making posts answering the questions in the 20 Days of Gold Making Challenge started by Nev over at Auction House Addict.  If you also blog, then be sure to check out the gold blogging challenge for post topic ideas.

20 Days Of Gold Making (Day 2)
If You Set Yourself A Goal, What Was It & When Did You Set It?

I've written about setting goals for yourself to keep you focused and on the path towards success.  It is especially important for new gold makers or new characters to set goals in World of Warcraft.  As I stated in that early article, one of your very first goals should be to get your first ground mount and then to get your first flying mount.  Those were the first few goals I had set for myself back in Vanilla WoW and since I've set quite a few more, but the main goals of mine for making gold in WoW have been:
  1. Get Ground Mount
  2. Get Epic Ground Mount
  3. Get Flying Mount & Training
  4. Get Epic Flying Mount & Training
  5. Get Gold Capped
As you can see, once I had taught myself profitable strategies for making gold, the practical goals came first and then the sky was the limit.  Along the way to gold capped, some players like to set incremental goals, like first 100k, then 200k, 300k, etc. but hell once you get over your first 100k, extra gold is just extra gold.  It's only been recently that we've even had a need to spend over 100k on a single purchase (with a few rare exceptions). 

I set my first goal of raising my mount money, when I got tired of falling behind everyone else who already had the mounts I couldn't afford.  I got sick of being broke and slow, so I got fed up and decided to change the way I played.  i then started focusing more on using my professions to make gold and everything changed from there on out.  And here I am today over 3 years into running my own WoW gold blog here at Cold's Gold Factory.


Read More 20 Days of Gold Making


Recommended Guides: Secret Gold Guide | Journal of Marcus Ty | WoW Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.