|Twilight Dragonkin in Mount Hyjal|
Sethria's Roost in the Cataclysm zone Mount Hyjal is an excellent spot to find already dead Twilight Dragonkin. When leveling a character witht the skinning profession, I liked to periodically check this area of the zone. Remember how profitable the old Yeti cavern was east of Everlook when you would arrive and find a non skinner killing the yetis for the quests there? Well this area in southern area of the Cataclysm zone Mount Hyjal is another one of those great finds. The quest chains are in the middle of the leveling process of this zone and are often completed by many players, both Horde and Alliance. Most players will complete this part of the zones quests because they are still not level 82 when they begin the quests. Some players will head off to Deepholm as soon as they hit level 82.
I love checking this area for free dead mobs for many reasons.
- The Twilight Dragonkin are heavily concentrated in these small areas.
- Questing traffic from players is very high, which increases the chances of dead mobs waiting to be skinned.
- During high traffic times of the day, you may have more corpses than you can skin before decaying.
- The respawn rates are very rapid.
- These Twilight Dragonkin drop Savage Leather, Savage Leather Scraps, Blackened Dragonscales, and Strange Bloated Stomachs when skinned.
Strange Bloated Stomachs
Strange Bloated Stomachs are a rare drop from skinning any Cataclysm creatures. These Strange Bloated Stomachs can be opened and will contain 1-2 of the various Cataclysm volatile elements:
- Volatile Earth
- Volatile Air
- Volatile Life
- Volatile Fire
- Volatile Water
What other sweet spots are there for free skinning oppurtunities in Cataclysm?